This soup recipe is not only crazy easy, crazy inexpensive, but also crazy insanely delish.
If I do say so myself.
I knew it must be good when I had friends over and one went back for a third bowl because she just couldn't get enough.
I promise you, you will like this.
(unless you don't like awesomeness, in which case...you may not like this)
So here's what you need:
- Crock Pot
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped OR approx. 1 lb of ground chicken (I love both ways)
- 2 cartons (900ml) chicken stock (I use low-sodium)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 cup Uncle Ben's Chicken & Herb flavored rice
- Spices (optional). I use Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley, Basil & Oregano with a bit or Salt & Pepper
Here's what you need to do:
- In a skillet, cook up your chicken. In another skillet, cook your veggies until the onions are translucent. Transfer everything into the crock pot and pour in the broth.
- Add spices (I like a lot, some like a little).
- IF DOING THIS IN A 4-5 HOUR TIME SLOT: Cook on HIGH until boiling, then reduce to low. IF DOING THIS IN THE MORNING: Cook on LOW for the day.
- One hour before serving, add raw rice.
Here's some yummy pics to drool over...
Here's the soup in the crock pot before adding the rice.
(just so you know what to look for in the store!)
WHY haven't computers been innovated for scents yet?
Linking to THESE parties